Price: $19 on the Mizani website
Where to Buy: Casa Bella at the Palms Lekki, Yinka Bodyline on Awolowo Road in Ikoyi
Use at night, 2 to 3 times per week, as needed. Apply a small amount into hands and massage through hair.
A “dermatologist tested” night-time treatment with Shea Butter, Vitamin A derivative, Vitamin E, Pro Vitamin B5 and patented ceramide strengthening technology designed to increase hair strength, reduce the formation of split ends, enhance moisture retention, control dryness and frizz without weighing the hair down. This concentrated crème dramatically strengthens & conditions as part of your night-time regimen.
Aqua/Water, Paraffinum Liquidum / Mineral Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Petrolatum, PEG-100 Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Dimethicone, Paraffin, Ceteareth-20, Dicetyl Phosphate, Ceteth-10 Phosphate, Parfum / Fragrance, Methylparaben, Panthenol, Triethanolamine, Ethylparaben, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter / Shea Butter, Laureth-4, Propylene Glycol, Laureth-23, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Amyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Benzoate, Limonene, Coumarin, 2-Oleamido-1,3-Octadecanediol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Linalool, Retinyl Palmitate, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil / Sunflower Seed Oil, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Chamomilla Recutita Extract/Matricaria Flower Extract.
My Assessment: Another oldie and goodie! I was introduced to this product by a dear friend who has long hair – so it didn’t take much for me to swiftly purchase it (oh the exuberance of my product junkie days… *sigh*). The main takeaway point of this product is that it smells divine – it was in fact the first product that opened my mind to the notion that hair products for black women need not smell like camphor, menthol, medicine, ‘horse poo’ and things of that nature!
- Heavily ‘perfumey’ nice scent. You can put it in your hair and not bother with perfume – I LOVE the smell personally ☺
- Lovely whipped cream consistency – easy to retrieve from the tub and emulsifies nicely when rubbed in the palms
- BLING BLING! Gives the hair excellent shine – makes the hair look very healthy and bouncy and shiny
- Contains one ceramide oil: sunflower seed oil; though this is very very very far down in the ingredient list (thus, arguably in an insignificant amount)
- Does what it says, in that it stops breakage in my experience. However, you must follow the instructions. When I used this daily, I believe it caused the ends of my hair to break off. I am not entirely certain of this, but I attributed it to using the ‘intense strengthening treatment’ too much.
- Excellent value for money as you honestly need a very small amount to get excellent results
- Relatively expensive, considering the fact it does not contain many natural products
- Smell is strong if you are migraine-prone to smell-triggers – notwithstanding I do love this smell so it’s not a con for me personally.
- Could easily be overused and leave the hair oily and dirty (oils attract dirt to the hair – the dirt adheres more easily to oily hair)
- Mineral oil is the second ingredient for those who are not comfortable with using products containing mineral oil
Summary: Good creamy product for hair – to stop breakage. Smells great. As an intense strengthening treatment, one has to be careful in its use to prevent protein overload
Repurchase?: Depends on if it is significantly cheaper – as I do love the scent of the product.
Staple?: Yes, especially on freshly relaxed hair and when my hair is breaking.
© Copyright 2014 Kiky Oh, All rights Reserved. Written For: Get your Sizzelle on!