Welcome back to the blog!
I’ve been putting off this post for quite a while but it is here now. We don’t admit it enough but growing natural, texlaxed or relaxed hair and buying hair products could be a little bit pricey. Every time I tell anyone about my hair regimen and products they say stuff like “why would you spend so much money on hair?”, “that’s too expensive”, “I can’t afford that” “my hair will grow when it is ready”. So I have good news for you, you do not have to spend as much.
Here are a few tips that will help:
- Multi-functional products – These are products that fulfill or serve different purposes. Investing in multi-functional products reduces the amount of products you’ll have to buy e.g. olive oil, it can be used as a sealant, used for scalp massages, used as a heat protectant, used for pre-poo. Its unending benefits for the hair makes it very versatile.
- Buy the essentials – Do you have to buy 1001 shampoos or growth oils? No! All you need is a shampoo, leave in conditioner, deep conditioner, hair growth oil and a sealing oil. Stick to the essentials, no need to impress anyone with your product collection. Stick to the basic practices cleanse, moisturize and seal. Don’t be afraid to try lower cost products or buy what works for your hair.
- Satin/silk – Get yourself a silk/satin anything whether pillowcase, pillow cover, scarf, bonnet. Anything you can protect your hair with is a necessity.
- Invest in a good leave-in product – Buying a leave in product is very important when on a hair journey to prevent dry hair which in turns prevents breakage. It is advisable to buy a leave in product that has water content (It is easy to spot them as the first ingredient is usually aqua).
- Get creative (Do It Yourself) – Does it have to be a standard spray bottle? No! Can it be an old cologne bottle? Yes! We could get creative with some of our tools. Good news! We have a series of useful DIY posts here on the blog!
- Sales – Buy products that are in bulk or on sale. Follow Sizzelle store on all our platforms to stay updated on our sales and discount points system.
What other ways do you save money on your healthy hair journey? Did I miss out anything? Did you find this helpful? I hope so. Please subscribe to the blog and leave a comment. xoxo!© Copyright 2017 Dara, All rights Reserved. Written For: Get your Sizzelle on!