Just like every other part of the body that requires exfoliation, the scalp is not left out. It’s important to exfoliate the scalp frequently to get rid of dead cells & flakes to encourage the flow of blood which in turn aids growth. Regular exfoliation is also necessary to unclog your pores and remove dirt and build-up which prevents healthy scalp.
There are two ways to exfoliate your scalp.
1. Either buy a ready-made exfoliating shampoo or scalp exfoliator.
2. Or whip some in the comfort of your home.
Whichever one you use, just make sure it’s good enough to get the work done.
For those that are ‘DIY-savvy’ like me and would prefer the latter option, I’ll share an easy and straightforward recipe.
What You Need.
– 1/2 tsp of brown sugar (depending on the length of your hair of course)
– 2 tsp of coconut/olive oil
– 2 tsp of conditioner
– 3 drops of essential oil (peppermint/tea tree) – Optional
What To Do
– Mix all ingredients in a bowl to create a paste of sorts.
– Section your hair to avoid tangles.
– On damp hair, apply the mixture and scrub gently. This is extremely important. You do not want to end up with bruises!
– When you’re done, rinse out and shampoo/co-wash as usual.
See…cakewalk.© Copyright 2015 Ebun Oluwole, All rights Reserved. Written For: Get your Sizzelle on!