To kick off the oatmeal series, I’m starting off with the popularly known, Oatmeal and Honey facial mask, which is like the easiest of them all.(Not that they’re that difficult).
Oatmeal, as we all know has numerous health benefits when ingested and used topically but when combined with honey (and lemon juice), makes a bombshell facial for soothing dry and irritated skin.
It acts as a natural exfoliant and skin cleanser as it helps to absorb surface dirt thereby decreasing breakouts and leaving the skin soft.
Additionally, it can also be used to treat and fade acne and its scars.
Honey on the other hand, possesses anti-bacterial, moisturizing and healing properties that helps to soothe AND improve the condition and overall appearance of the skin. Honey also helps to treat acne too.
Making & application.
– To get the most of the oatmeal, you can either blend it into a powder form or use it like that.
– Mix 2 tsp of oatmeal with 1 tsp of honey.
– Add lemon juice if you like (optional)
– Apply the mixture all over your face.
– Leave for 30 minutes or until when dry.
– Massage the oatmeal into your skin as it gently exfoliates and removes dead cells
– Rinse out and pat dry.
Incorporate this into your weekly regimen and your skin will thank you.
Easy, straightforward, non-tasking and inexpensive.