Amla oil is extracted from the Indian Gooseberry fruit (also called AMLA). Its tree grows in India and some places in the Middle East. It is rich in proteins, vitamin C, copper, zinc and chromium. Indians also regard this fruit highly for its therapeutic effects.
Benefits of amla oil (for hair)
Although its benefits have not been scientifically proven, Indians swear by amla oil’s benefits and they use it to:
- Stimulate hair follicle to grow.
- Strengthen the hair strands
- Thicken hair
- Improve scalp health because it is believed to have antiviral and antifungal effects and can help . If you have serious scalp issues, you should see a doctor or trichologist.
Ways you can use amla oil on your hair
- Scalp oil: Pour a little oil into a bottle with a pointed applicator tip or a roots-applicator bottle. Apply a small amount on your scalp and massage it in. You can do this every other night. Massaging the scalp has been shown to stimulate the hair follicle and improve hair growth.
- Pre-shampoo treatment: Simply apply the oil to your hair and scalp. Leave it on for at least 20 minutes. Proceed to washing your hair. If you have time, you can leave it all day or overnight. What does pre-poo mean?
- Mix it with your deep conditioner
- Use it as a daily refresher either to seal in your moisturized hair or to do the Greenhouse effect.
Amla can also be found in the powder form.
Have you ever used Amla oil? Did you see any results or nothing at all?
© Copyright Dr Fomsky, All rights Reserved. Written For: Get your Sizzelle on!