Aloe vera is a common name when we talk about our hair, skin and over all health. It’s said to be a super plant with loads of benefits…In the hair world, many have sworn in the name of Aloe vera and its effectiveness in their regimen. So I tried using the Forever living aloe vera gel for my hair treatment.
After my last protective style, my hair became hard and brittle, so painful to comb and I had no time to take good care of it. I knew I needed to use a relaxer but ………… fast forward to one week later, I decided to wash and steam my hair so I could manage it.
This is what I did:
1. ‘Prepooed‘ with Olive oil.
2. Shampooed with Vitale neutralizing shampoo. I had it from my last relaxer touch up kit. Afterwards, I squeezed out the excess water with a towel.
3. Mixed ORS replenishing conditioner, Venus Conditioner, Forever Living Aloe vera gel and Sweet Almond Oil.
4. Wore a shower cap and another plastic bag… then I used my blow dryer to add heat for few minutes before going to bed.
5. Rinsed the conditioner mix out in the morning. Next, I towel dried and then used my Silk Elements leave in detangling spray …. went on to detangle and remove the tiny lumps of aloe vera gel in my hair. My hair was not completely dried but not wet.
I had soft hair for few hours but when it was completely dry it became hard as stone.
This is my first encounter with aloe vera gel and the result was not good… nevertheless I will still give it another try maybe after my relaxer then I can give my verdict. But for my new growth, it did no justice to my hair.
How do you use aloe vera gel in your regimen?? What brand do you use? Is it a keep for you or loss?? Have a fabulous week.