Is being a product junkie a thing?
Totally! A product junkie is a person with a compulsive habit of buying products. Often times people think that’s a bad thing but it really isn’t. I’ll be telling you the pros and cons of being a product junkie as well as how to avoid falling into the trap of spending all your coins on products. Also there’s a fun little quiz at the end!
*Dara walks into a room with people seated in a semi-circle and takes a seat*
Me: Hey guys! My name is Dara and I’m a product junkie.
Others: Hey Dara! We’re here for you.
- Know and understand your hair – Trying different products will help you understand your hair better. You’ll also get to learn what products or ingredients work better for your hair and what products to avoid.
- Finding your magic – Since there are so many good products out there today, the only way to find your magic is by trying out the variety out there. It will be worth it in the end.
- Reviews – You can pay it forward by sharing your experience with others. This goes a long way to help other ladies on their healthy hair journey. I have a ton of product reviews coming your way so stay plugged!! You can also scan through a tonne of reviews already available on here.
- Using different products on your hair might have a damaging effect on your hair.
HOW TO SURVIVE BEING A PRODUCT JUNKIE
- Find your magic and stick with it – If something works for you, why change it? If I wasn’t a hair blogger, I’d probably just stick with my products and back-up products but I am a product junkie for you. Yeah that’s true, love!! I try different products so I can share my experience with you and hopefully that’ll help you. However, if a product isn’t working for you any more, try something else.
- Budget – Giving yourself a price range when shopping really helps. Currently, my bank account is set up in a way that I cannot or may not spend more than N6000 on one product especially if I’m not sure that it’ll work. Yours might be set up differently though!
- Patronize a product line – If you look at my staple products, you’ll notice that most of my products are Crème of Nature with Argan Oil from Morocco. It is easier to identify when a product isn’t working for you but difficult when you mix match products. e.g. Shea Moisture range of products (100% Coconut Oil, African Black Soap, African Water Mint & Ginger, Argan Oil & Almond Milk, Bamboo Extract & Maca Root, Dragon’s Blood & Coffee Cherry, Mongongo Hemp seed oils, Jamaican Black Castor Oil, Baobab Tea Tree Oils, Mango & Carrot, Raw Shea Cupuacu, Sacha Inchi Oil, Sea Kelp & Pearl Protein, Tahitian Noni & Monoi, Yucca & Plantain, Zanzibar Marine Complex) BY THE WAY, I’ve been thinking when I make that money I will/must buy all products ever made by Shea Moisture. The same goes for these product ranges: Dark and Lovely Au Naturel & Crème of Nature (Acai Berry & Keratin, Coconut Milk, Mango & Shea Butter, Argan Oil for Natural Hair, Straight From Eden, Argan Oil), Elasta QP (Olive & Mango Butter, Soy Oyl)
- Don’t jump on the bandwagon – There’s a rave about a product, don’t buy it because you want to have or be known for always having the newest products. Ask yourself, do I really need it? If the answer is yes, then ask yourself why? If you find yourself making excuses for yourself… hahaha you don’t need it.
“ARE YOU A PRODUCT JUNKIE?” QUIZ
This quiz is based on the life of a limited edition girl sitting in the corner of awesome and bombdiggity…ME!!
- Do you spend more time on the aisle with hair products, in a hair store or online checking out products?
- Do you have a product wishlist?
- Do you spend a lot of money on hair products?
- Do you buy products even when you don’t need it or you already have something for it?
- When your friends call you out, do you sheepishly deny it?
- Do you run out of space to store your hair products?
If you answer YES to 3 of these questions, then you know what it is… Okay this is all me except the last question, I can NEVER run out of space to store hair products, NEVER!!!
Are you a product junkie or a recovering product junkie? Did you find this helpful? Share your quiz result in the comments, I’m curious to find a fellow or an associate (we’ll pick which later). However, if you’re looking to purchase your product lines or looking to find your holy grail of products stop by our physical store Suite B7, Cherub Mall, Km 18 Lekki-Epe Expressway (opposite new road bus stop before Chevron roundabout), Lekki, Lagos OR call +2348168072140 OR +2349056688879 OR +2348179032966 OR WhatsApp +2349086318353 or just click Sizzelle and place an order.
© Copyright 2018 Dara, All rights Reserved. Written For: Get your Sizzelle on!