1. I started my wash day on Friday evening with an overnight prepoo applying an oil mix ( lavender JBCO + rosemary oil + thyme oil + lavender oil + cedar wood oil) to my scalp. Next, I applied avocado oil to my entire hair. I made this oil mix because I think I have an area of my scalp that is thinning out and I hope this helps.
2. In the morning, I shampooed my hair with Activilong Actiliss Smoothing Care Shampoo. Although this shampoo is sulfate-free, it foamed very well even (unlike some other sulfate-free shampoos).
3. Next, I applied some diluted coffee to my scalp using a long-tip applicator bottle. Coffee is believed to help hair loss and combat shedding. Coffee rinses can make the hair a bit stiff though.
4. I didn’t rinse off the coffee but squeezed as much of the excess water from my hair as I could then stepped out of the shower.
5. Afterwards, I applied Activilong Actiliss Smoothing Care Mask. I did use this conditioner two weeks ago and wasn’t impressed at the time. Today, however, I was surprised at how it softened my hair while applying it.
I did my morning exercise and lounged about the house for like 4 hours, while wearing an Evolve cholesterol cap. It’s basically a thick shower cap with a ‘silvery’ coating on the outside. It is supposed to use your body heat to warm up your hair and I find that it works best when I exercise.
6. After rinsing off the Activilong Actiliss conditioner, my hair had a lot of slip and I think this is going to be one of my staple products from now on. I decided to apply Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Daily Treatment to smoothen my hair cod’ I’ve heard great stuff about it. After rinsing this off, my hair felt really silky and I was glad.
7. For my leave-in, I used Activilong Repair and I wasn’t impressed at all. I haven’t found a staple leave-in conditioner since I moved here.
9. I sat underneath my hooded dryer for about 45 minutes on low to moderate heat and when I checked if my hair was dry, the foremost section in the middle was still very damp! I sat back for another 10 minutes, then took out the rollers, applied some avocado oil and then wrapped my hair, using clips to secure the wrap. Some ends looked dry so I applied a bit of moisturizer. I noticed a little of breakage while wrapping my hair. I need to be more gentle next time!
10. I wrapped some cling film around my hair and then sat underneath my hooded dryer on high heat for about ten minutes praying that my hair came out well enough. When I took out the cling film, the bumps from the clips were evident so I took them out, applied a bit more moisturizer, put back the cling film and then sat underneath the dryer for another 5 minutes.
Dr Fomsky, All rights Reserved. Written For: Get your Sizzelle on!
When I combed out the wrap, I still had a little more breakage and the ends were a little bit stiff: I think this is from the protein content of the Aphogee Green tea leave-in. I’ll either use less next time or skip it altogether.