Many ladies do a protective style for the duration of their vacation and this makes life so easy. On the other hand, some ladies want to go with their hair. This series is mainly for those ladies who are brave enough to go on vacation with their own hair.
Swimming is a fun part of vacation but it’s important to protect your hair when you do. Even though you are not going swimming and you’re just going to a water park, your hair is still going to get wet. You should also take the necessary precautions. Pack the products you’ll need in your changing bag.
Look for a swimmer’s shampoo. If you don’t find any that specifically says swimmer’s shampoo, look out for one that has ethylendiamine tetraacetic acid (EDTA) on its ingredient list. This chemical binds with the chlorine, helping to wash it out of the hair. Citric acid is also good for helping remove chlorine.
- Before you step into the pool, saturate your hair with tap water.
- Apply a conditioner and/or oil on your hair.
- Wear a swimming cap if available. If not, put your hair in a bun.
- When you are done swimming, rinse your hair thoroughly.
- Wash your hair with your shampoo.
- Deep condition, dry and style your hair.