Remember my debacle with Nubian Roots Rhassoul Clay?
Well, I decided that I wasn’t going to allow it to deter me from the greatness of Rhassoul Clay so I got another one recently.
So, what exactly is it?
Rhassoul Clay is the more pricey twin sister of Bentonite Clay. I mean, I can get two packs of Bentonite Clay for the price of one Rhassoul Clay but that’s just by the way.
In a nutshell, Rhassoul Clay is a high-quality soothing clay for external use that stores indefinitely if kept dry. It is sourced from the Atlas Mountains in Morocco and is often used in spas for skin and hair. It is also called Ghassoul Clay, Red Clay, and Red Moroccan Clay, and it can only be found under this specific mountain range in Morocco. It is formed by a natural combination of volcanic activity and geothermal changes.
The main difference, however, is that Rhassoul clay is the moisturizer and softener while Bentonite Clay is the detoxifier.
HOW I USE
- – For face and body.
- The first time I used my Rhassoul Clay was on my face. It was during the week and it wasn’t wash day yet but I had been itching to use it so I decided to do a face mask which is the simplest way to use healing clays for the first time. Given my previous experience, I was super careful not have the same result. So, I mixed one tsp of Rhassoul Clay with water. Oh, it turned out yummy! Just how I love my clays to be. The rest they say is history. I’ve gone on to use it for more face masks and body wraps. One time, I mixed it with turmeric. Awesome I tell ya!
- – For hair.
- It took a while before I finally used Rhassoul Clay for my hair. But when I did, my mixture looked like this:
- 5 tsps of Rhassoul Clay
- 2 tsp of Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tsp of Water (mixed with Eucalyptus Oil)
- 2 tsp of Aloe Vera Gel
- 2 tsp of Palm Kernel Oil
- 7 drops of Rosemary essential oil
- I mixed everything together and left it on my hair for about one hour. Of course, I used the remnants on my face. When I was done, my hair was soft and luscious and my curls were nicely defined so much that I didn’t even need to use the conditioner I took to the shower to use. If you’re not using Rhassoul Clay yet, you’re seriously slacking! You can get yours here.