Recently, I started breaking out. When this happens, I need to check myself and factors like my cycle, new products I started using etc. Usually, I don’t breakout unnecessarily but when I do, I quickly try to fix it before it gets worse and I try to avoid as much blackheads as possible.
So, I started mentally going through my stash searching for acne-friendly products. I found that my pores were clogged so I needed to unclog them before treating the acne. Then, I came up with this recipe.
- Mix the Bentonite clay with lemon juice first. As usual, it should swell just a little bit.
- When you get the desired consistency – it shouldn’t be too runny or too thick but just right – add the turmeric and mix well.
- When you’re done, add two drops of tea tree oil. Just two. No more than two.
- Apply to your face and leave it to dry.
- Then rinse out and moisturize with Aloe Vera Gel.
First of all, this recipe stings because of the tea tree oil hence my emphasis on two drops. Also avoid your eye area because the skin beneath your skin is not as thick as the skin on the rest of the face.
Bentonite clay detoxes your face. Then the turmeric removes the excess oil and destroys the bacteria causing the acne. Lemon juice helps to prevent scars and blackheads and tea tree oil, which is the icing on the cake, will penetrate the skin to unblock the sebaceous glands, disinfect pores and dry out white heads, black heads, pimples and other blemishes.
You will agree with me that this is a perfect recipe. Although I don’t like to overdo things, I’ll be using this twice a week until it is completely cleared. I have a feeling I won’t need it for that long.
P.S: Please make sure to do a patch test before going ahead with this DIY mask. If you have sensitive skin, this may not be for you.© Copyright 2016 Ebun Oluwole, All rights Reserved. Written For: Get your Sizzelle on!