Full name: Nubian Heritage Indian Hemp & Tamanu with Bamboo, Monoi & Garlic Extract Grow & Strengthen Edge Taming Taffy
Where to buy: www.vitaminshoppe.com (product is very hard to find FYI)
Directions: Apply a dime-sized amount to hair before styling. Distribute evenly throughout hair. Do not rinse. May be used as a pomade.
Product Claim: – Breakage Prevention – Stronger Hair. Our all-natural, petrolatum-free Edge Taming Taffy hydrates and repairs damaged, dry and brittle hair with Hemp, Tamanu and Monoi oils. Bamboo, Garlic Extract and Keratin strengthen and fortify hair. Controls and smoothes edges for a sleek, professional look.
Ingredients: Shea Butter, Coconut Oil, Olive Oil, Vegetable Glycerin, Hemp Seed Oil, Tamanu Oil, Olus Oil, Safflower Seed Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Calendula Wax, Panthenol, Bamboo Extract, Tiare (Gardenia Tahitensis) Flower, Essential Oil Blend, Garlic Extract, Neem Seed Oil, Vitamin E
I used this product as a moisturizer and sealant on dry hair, and also a scalp pomade to oil my scalp before a long-term protective style.
Overall, a very disappointing product! It seemed and smelled so promising. Alas, I have been met with heartbreak at every encounter with this ‘taffy’. A flair for the dramatic? Si, je l’ai!
Brief history: Nubian Heritage (NH) is my trusty brand for skin care products so I was pleased to find a hair care product in their line. Alas, I will stick with NH skin stuff and go elsewhere for my hair care needs. FYI, Nubian Heritage is the slightly pricier sister-line of Shea Moisture (same owners and philosophy – all natural, affordable products).
1. Extensive, excellent ingredients list. All organic.
2. Very lovely smell. The scent is earthy; however very pleasant. Nubian Heritage products smell excellent. Every last product – you can take that to the bank!
3. All natural product – which, in my opinion makes it multi-purpose. I used it once as a scalp pomade/hair grease in oiling my scalp before installing a weave. As I have stated in previous posts, I am particular about using all natural products on my hair and scalp when doing long-term protective styles, as I do not have the ability to wash my hair and scalp thoroughly as opposed to when I carry my hair loose, sans extensions.
It worked okay as a scalp pomade. Not special tingly feeling, but no itchy feeling either. It was overall meh. Nothing memorable.
4. Gorgeous packaging. Looks very high-end. I. Love. NH’s. Packaging!
1. It did not deliver on any one of its promises. It did not hydrate and repair my hair. It did not fortify and strengthen my hair and it definitely did not control and smoothen my edges for a sleek, professional look!
2. It consistently left white residue in my hair – and on application, immediately made my hair look very dull. This, my friends, is unforgivable!
3. Pricey AND USELESS! In fact, useless can I forgive – I’d rather a hair product do nothing; than negate my efforts by leaving yucky white residue in my hair and making my hair look
dull. If you know Kiki, you know she is a sucker for some bling: on my fingers, my ear lobes, around my neck, on my hair strands! Any product that results in making my hair look like I put powder in it – is no friend of mine!
Summary: Very disappointing product – camaaaan Nubian Heritage! I love their skin care products so much that I started retailing it to my friends and family here in Lagos. This unpleasant introduction into their hair care products has left me very apprehensive of even trying out their more popular, and highly raved about line: Shea Moisture
Repurchase?: NEIN! (German for No!)
Staple?: HAYLE NAWW (Ebonics for Lai Lai!)© Copyright 2014 Kiky Oh, All rights Reserved. Written For: Get your Sizzelle on!