Today, we chat with Long Nigerian Hair about her long transitioning journey!
If you would like to be a part of this, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Who is Long Nigerian Hair?
My name is Joie, a hair enthusiast on an adventure to discovering exciting ways of growing Nigerian hair long and healthy.
In 2013, I stumbled on a blog post with a Nigerian lady (Bassey) who had waist length hair. I was so shocked that I decided to check the web for Africans and black Americans with such hair. It was then I realized that I stood a chance of getting a long hair too.
3. What products do you swear by?
4. Are you a mixologist at heart or do you prefer store – bought products?
I’m both. I prefer to mix my oils and butters. For some other needs, I prefer store – bought products.
My wash day is every two weeks. I moisturize and seal every day or every other day depending on my current protective style. Most times, I wear a protective style that can last for a week or more because of my busy schedule.
6. You’ve been transitioning for eighteen months now. Is there a reason for this?
Oh yes! Firstly, I started transitioning as an experiment. Wanted to see how long I could go without a relaxer. Secondly, getting a big-chop will be too much of a shock. I am used to having a long hair.
7. How have you been able to manage both textures?
I have to work my hair in smaller sections whether when shampooing or moisturizing. Touching my hair when dry is a no-no for me. Protective styling especially with wigs have been very helpful.
8. How excited are you about your big chop, that’s if you plan to?
I intend to big chop when I am 3 years post relaxed. Not excited yet because it looks sooo far away.
9. If you were five minutes late, what will be your go-to hairstyle?
Easy! High bun with a pompadour.
10. What’s your take on hair supplements and the people who use them?
11. Is there any particular hair experience/challenge you’ll like to share with us?
I remember doing the inversion method for 7 days. Oh boy, it worked as I grew an inch of hair.
12. Whose hair do you spend a considerable amount of time lusting after?
13. Has social media had any kind of influence on your hair decisions?
Yes it has. A lot in fact. Pinterest is my go-to app when looking for a hairstyle. YouTube is perfect for me for those hair tutorials.
14. Thanks for your time. How do we continue stalking you?
The pleasure is mine.