This post is basically about how to use Aphogee two step treatment to treat damaged or overprocessed hair. The ingredients in Aphogee two step protein treatment are as follows: Deionized Water, Hydrolyzed Animal Protein, Magnesium Sulfate, Citric Acid, Ethylene Urea, Dimethylol Urea, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Magnesium Carbonate, DMDM Hydantoin, Fragrance.
When to use Aphogee 2-step protein treatment
- A few days to a week before you relax your hair. When you relax your hair, the relaxer breaks down protein bonds in your hair. Using Aphogee 2-step treatment just before your relax your hair helps to enrich your hair with protein and minimise the potential damage from relaxers. Many people use this treatment for this purpose.
- Every 6 weeks as a way to incorporate protein conditioners into your hair care regimen. As it is a very strong treatment, it is advised that you use it at intervals of not less than 6 weeks.
- On damaged hair/a few days after relaxing your hair. Wait at least 24 hours after relaxing before using Aphogee 2-step.
- Before colouring your hair.
In the past, I have not had good experience using this Aphogee two step protein treatment cos’ I was left with hair that felt so hard, brittle and difficult to comb. This time, I armed myself with conditioners that I knew would do the job of softening my hair after the treatment.
How to use Aphogee two step treatment
These are the steps you should follow when doing an Aphogee 2-step protein treatment (for whatever reason you choose):
- First clarify your hair. I didn’t bother clarifying because I had washed my hair very well on my relaxer day which was just a few days before this treatment.
- It’s watery and can get messy. Put it in a spray bottle if you have one. if you have any old bottle of detangling spray, you could use this. Spray it generously all over your hair.
- Comb through your hair from the roots upwards (lightly) to spread the treatment.
- When it dries, it can get hard and stick to anything it dries on. If your hair is longer than armpit length, you might want to just tie a towel. Otherwise, it will stick to your blouse when it is dry.
- Sit underneath a dryer. If you don’t have one, use a blow dryer but be careful not to manipulate your hair as it dries. If you don’t have any dryer at all, go about your day until it dries.
- When it dries, stand underneath the shower allowing the water to just run through your hair. Don’t manipulate your hair until you feel it soften up.
- After you have rinsed it off completely, you can now apply Aphogee balancing moisturizer. I personally don’t think that this is strong enough to reverse the hardness from the Two-step treatment so you should follow up with another conditioner. If you don’t have the balancing moisturizer, Roux Porosity Control Conditioner is a good alternative.I applied Roux Porosity Control Conditioner to my hair for about 3 minutes before rinsing it off.
- You can proceed to style you hair if you wish. However, I advise that you use a very good moisturizing conditioner to get your hair back to a soft state.
- Dry and style your hair as you normally would!