Since the beginning of this year, I have elaborated on my hair regimen. Now, I want to help you build yours.
To be honest, it has taken me years of experimentation to finally end up with a list of products and steps that I am comfortable with. I can’t explain why everyone’s hair reacts differently to a product but along the line, I have personally confirmed this. I advise that you follow this as a guideline and come up with your own products and steps over time.
- What are your hair goals? They should be realistic. For example, if your hair is shoulder length, you can aim to be Armpit length by the end of the year. If you aim for waist length hair, it might be too unrealistic giving the fact that our hair grows about +/− 6 inches every year.
- Know your hair’s characteristics.
- Are your hair strands fine, medium or thick?
- Is your hair density low, medium or high? This can help you determine what products to choose.
- How porous is your hair? What this means is how long does your hair feel moisturized? If you moisturize your hair in the morning and by 12 noon, your hair feels dry, your hair is probably highly porous i.e it easily loses moisture. Medium porosity hair stays moisturized for 1 -2 days and easily absorbs conditioner. The thing about low porosity hair is that it takes a lot for it to get well moisturized because it doesn’t easily absorb moisture. However, when it does get moisturized, it can stay that way for days.
- Decide how you want to do your hair: at home or in the salon. Air dry or blow dry? Rollersets?
- What day in the week do you want to wash your hair? How often? Weekly? Every other week? Once a month? Take a look at your lifestyle, your job, your home. As an active working mom, what day(s) do you think you can allocate to washing your hair?
- Do you want to regularly do protective styles or go on your own hair?
To be continued soon….
© Copyright 2015 Dr Fomsky, All rights Reserved. Written For: Get your Sizzelle on!