Welcome back to the blog! First things first, how do you pronounce the word “jojoba”? It was quite surprising to realize I didn’t even need the “j” …lol. By the way, it is /hƏ’hoƱbƏ/ – “hoh-hoh-bah” for those of us who paid attention in phonetics or oral English class ever…. lol I did! Okay back to the post!!
WHAT IS JOJOBA OIL?
Jojoba oil is not actually oil but wax extracted from the jojoba plant. Shocking!! Also called wild hazel and coffee berry, pure jojoba oil is golden in color. Rich in antioxidants, it also possesses antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. It has a high content in Vitamin E, B-complex, zinc, copper and chromium.
BENEFITS OF JOJOBA OIL FOR THE HAIR
- Strengthens the hair because of its ability to penetrate hair follicles.
- Has antibacterial properties which soothes the scalp as well as treats dry scalp and dandruff problems.
- Jojoba oil has a similar molecular structure to the scalp’s natural oil and as such is promptly accepted by the scalp.
- Conditions the hair adding shine, elasticity and softness to the hair
- Acts as an emollient which fills cracks on the surface of hair cuticles thereby repairing damaged hair.
- Could be used for scalp massages alongside other essential oils to stimulate hair growth.
BENEFITS OF JOJOBA OIL FOR THE SKIN
- Moisturizes the skin as it is quickly absorbed by the skin leaving no oil residue and leaving the skin soft and supple.
- The Vitamin E in the jojoba oil helps eliminate the free radicals which are responsible for skin aging.
- Could be used as a body oil so feel free to skip your lotion after taking a bath. Hydrates your body adequately. It also gets absorbed into the skin leaving you with a much desired glow.
- Tired of looking like a panda? Using jojoba oil to massage the under eye circles helps to smooth and even out the skin tone.
- It reduces skin inflammation with its antibacterial properties.
I use jojoba oil regularly and it has improved the quality of my hair since I started. Also, it has helped get rid of my dandruff and my hair is softer and growing a lot better.
Have you tried jojoba oil? What benefits did you enjoy? If you have any questions? Please leave a comment in the comment section. We would love to hear from you. If you are looking to enjoy these benefits, you can purchase your jojoba oil from http://www.sizzelle.com/hair-products-in-nigeria/Hair-oils-in-nigeria/Essential-oils-in-nigeria© Copyright 2017 Dara, All rights Reserved. Written For: Get your Sizzelle on!