We’ve previously established the fact that egg whites are great for tightening and toning the skin. This time around, I’m concentrating on egg yolk particularly for dry acne-prone skin.
Egg yolk, which is made up of mostly fat and water is a great water binding agent that can lock moisture into your skin cells, keeping it soft and
supple. It contains various nutrients like Vitamins A,B2, B3, Zinc and proteins. It hydrates,
nourishes and moisturizes dehydrated skin, making it particularly good for people with dry flaky skin.
Ingredients for the egg yolk face mask:
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp of honey
- 1 tsp of almond oil
- Break the egg and separate the white from the yolk.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the egg yolk, honey and almond oil until it’s frothy.
- Apply the mixture on your face
- Leave for about 10 – 15mins
- Rinse out with warm water and pat dry.
Almond oil is used because:
- it works for all skin types.
- it’s great for treating acne;
- heals dry and flaky skin; and
- it nourishes and rejuvenates the skin.