The beauty of homemade hair masks is that they’re quite easy to make. All you need is to look around for the relevant fruits in season, get hold of them, get a blender and do your thing.
Bananas are no strangers to us as they’ve been around for the longest time: they’re packed with numerous nutrients that are essential to our wellbeing. As long as they’re consumable, they can as well be used for the hair.
Bananas are rich in potassium, vitamins and anti-oxidants and are a great source of moisture and natural oils.
They’re beneficial to:
- strengthening hair to prevent breakage and split ends,
- maintaining hair elasticity; as well as
- promoting healthy hair and scalp.
What You Need
- 2 Over-ripe bananas (For easy blending and application)
- 1 tsp or more of Coconut oil
- 1 tsp of olive oil
- 2 tsp of honey
- Blend the two bananas until they’re absolutely smooth. You don’t want tiny chunks lurking in your hair!
- Add coconut oil, olive oil and honey to the mixture and blend again.
- Empty the contents of the blender.
- Apply the mixture generously from your hair roots to end.
- Cover with a plastic/shower cap.
- Leave for about 30-45 mins (or more if it’s not dripping).
- Then rinse out thoroughly with warm water.
It’s important that all homemade recipes are used fresh which means you should make just enough and exhaust them on the spot. There is no use storing them else their potency will reduce.© Copyright 2014 Ebun Oluwole, All rights Reserved. Written For: Get your Sizzelle on!