A couple of weeks ago, I coloured my ends and a bit of my roots with a chemical dye. Prior to that, I’d only heard of the drying effects and the aftermath of chemical dyes from different sources. Anyways, I thought of a power-packed deep conditioner to restore and replenish the lost moisture.
I’ve been itching to try an Avocado hair mask because I’ve heard of the its various nutrients and benefits:
- Over 25 vital nutrients and minerals (including vitamins A, B, C, E, K AND minerals such as copper, potassium, iron,
- magnesium and phosphorus).
- It moisturises the hair;
- It heals dry and damaged hair;
- It promotes hair growth; and
- It treats scalp conditions.
Now you can understand my anticipation. However, I didn’t want to use it alone. Remember I said I wanted it ”power packed” … so I added a bit of coconut milk for its strengthening qualities and yogurt to serve as a protein treatment.
To make my avocado coconut milk hair mask:
- I used a single Avocado and used random measurements for the other ingredients.
- I scraped out the ‘meat’ of the avocado and threw all the ingredients into a blender. When I was done blending, I didn’t notice any particle of any sort and so I didn’t need to sieve.
- I applied it on my hair and let it in for about 2 hours. The dripping was so annoying that I couldn’t leave it for any longer. After which I washed out.
- I noticed while washing that my hair was a bit strong. I think I used too much coconut milk. Well, there’s always a next time. Besides that, the mask didn’t disappoint. It helped and my hair was back to normal.
Will you be trying out this avocado coconut milk hair mask too?
eBunite© Copyright 2014 Ebun Oluwole, All rights Reserved. Written For: Get your Sizzelle on!