When I started my hair journey, I think I used aloe vera juice on my hair once but I didn’t like the way it made my hair feel.
I recently reintroduced it to my regimen: now, I add aloe vera juice to my deep conditioner and leave-in conditioner. My hair has been feeling smoother for the last couple of weeks…in fact smoother than it has been since I started my hair journey. Although I will not attribute the smoothness of my hair strands wholly to aloe vera juice but to a combination of several other factors (including Rollerseting, JBCO argan oil serum and Hempseed oil), I believe it has also played a major role.
Benefits of aloe vera juice and hair
1. Aloe vera juice is good for moisturizing hair. You can make a moisturizing hair spritz by adding aloe vera juice to water. You can also add it to your leave-in conditioner too.
2. Aloe vera juice helps to seal the hair cuticles. It has a mildly acidic pH, close to that of the hair, and leaves hair looking and feeling smooth. It also helps to reduce frizz and add shine to the hair. You can add aloe vera juice to your shampoos OR do a final rinse on your hair with aloe vera juice after rinsing out the conditioner. You can also make an Aloe vera – ACV rinse by mixing aloe vera juice with apple cider vinegar. Sealing the hair cuticles is especially important if you have hair that doesn’t easily retain moisture (high porosity hair). If, on the other hand, you have hair that doesnt readily absorb moisture (low porosity hair), you might want to AVOID aloe vera juice on your hair. Since it seals the cuticles, it might worsen your porosity issues. If your hair porosity is normal, you should be able to use aloe vera juice on your hair without problems.
3. Aloe vera juice helps to reduce hair shedding. You can spritz pure or diluted aloe vera juice on your scalp to reduce hair shedding.
4. Aloe vera juice is rich in enzymes which can help to soothe an itchy scalp. Add it to your shampoos OR as a scalp rinse or spritz.
5. Aloe vera juice can help to promote hair growth or reduce hair loss. Spritz it on your scalp.
Do you use aloe vera juice for your hair? How do you use it? OR do you prefer aloe vera gel?