Hi people! Sorry for not posting this earlier. Been really busy.
For a background information, this is a description of my hair:
- Relaxed hair. I leave my relaxer on for 15 – 20 minutes before rinsing it off. This time includes the application AND the smoothing time.
- High porosity. This means that my hair easily absorbs moisture but also loses it easily. If you have low porosity hair, it means that your hair doesn’t easily absorb moisture but when it does, it retains it longer.
- Fine hair strands. In simple terms, this means that the diameter of my hair strands is narrow.
- Low density hair. Hair density refers to the number of strands of hair found on your hair. It is usually genetically determined but reduction in hair density might be the result of ageing, chemicals, etc.
STEP 1: MY SCALP
Spray PHYTO Phytosim hair loss fortifying spray OR PHYTO Phytotraxil Anti-Thinning spray for Traction Alopecia on my scalp. These sprays are quite watery so when I use them on my scalp, I tie my hair down tightly with scarf for a few minutes to make sure my roots don’t get too puffy. After I take off the scarf, then I moisturize my hair. If my scalp is very itchy, I apply
jojoba oil Now Foods Castor oil to it AFTER moisturizing my hair.
STEP 2: MOISTURIZE
I moisturize my hair every night (even when I flat iron my hair). The only exception is when I have a curly style (i.e bantu knots, flexirods, etc…which to be honest I am still trying to figure out how to maintain… 🙂 ). I don’t seal my hair immediately after moisturizing because I found out that my hair breaks more when I do. I tend to seal my hair in the morning.
My favourite moisturizer is Hairveda red tea satin daily moisturizer.
- I moisturize my hair in 6 – 8 sections because that way, I am sure to get each strand.
- I rub a very small amount on my fingers and palms. I rub it in till I no longer see the colour of the moisturizer but only the sheen. There are 3 main reasons I use a very small amount. Firstly, I deep condition my hair every week so it doesn’t need heavy moisturization. Secondly, if I use too much, my hair frizzes up and I don’t like frizzy hair. My hair does frizz up from daily moisturizing but not as much because I use very little. This is also the reason why my preferred moisturizer is Hairveda red tea moisturizer. Of all the ones I have tried, it causes the less frizz. In my opinion, the moisturizer with the worst frizz and reversion factor coefficient is Luster’s S-curl! Thirdly, using too much moisturizer makes my fine hair strands clump together.
- I rub my ‘moisturized’ fingers and palm on my hair starting from the tips and working my way upwards to the roots.
- I tie my satin scarf and go to my bed. The reason why I use a scarf is because it helps to keep my hair strands flat and smooth.
STEP 3: SEAL
In the morning, I take off my satin scarf and then follow the same procedure as above, this time using 100% pure argan oil to seal in the moisture. I like argan oil because it is quite light and gives my hair great sheen.
- I seal my hair in 6 – 8 sections because that way, I am sure to get each strand.
- I rub a very small amount on my fingers and palms. About a drop or two is enough.
- I rub my ‘lubricated’ hands on my hair starting from the tips and working my way upwards to the roots.
- I finger comb my hair and then style.
A little video demonstration of how I moisturize and seal my hair© Copyright 2015 Dr Fomsky, All rights Reserved. Written For: Get your Sizzelle on!