At the beginning of 2014, I had certain goals which I will review below:
Goal 1: If my hair thinning doesn’t show any obvious improvement, I will go see a dermatologist. My hair is no longer thinning and I think that the thinning areas are filling in. I believe this is mainly from my regular use of essential oils.
Goal 2: Do a 6-month stretch between relaxer touch ups. Wasn’t able to do a 6-month stretch! I retouched my hair three times last year (about every 4 months)
Goal 3: Try my hands at Ayurveda treatments like Henna, Indigo, Amla and Rhassoul clay. Did this.
Goal 4: Start taking hair supplements too. I took Hairfinity inconsistently.
Goal 5: Not wash my hair more than once a week unless it feels really really dry. Accomplished this. I hardly ever washed my hair more than once a week.
Goal 6: Go for professional trims every 3 months. Wasn’t able to do this but I plan to get one this year.
Goal 7: Do a personal castor oil challenge soon. Wasn’t able to do this but did 3-month hairline regrowth challenge between June and August 2014.
Now, unto LESSONS LEARNT IN 2014
- Scalp massaging makes my scalp feel sore no matter how gentle I am. Now, I just apply my scalp oils and that’s it.
- Hair bonnets are a suspect for MY hair line loss. I now prefer satin scarves.
- Texlaxing is helping to thicken my hair.
- Essential oils help to reduce hair loss.
- Protein conditioners are essential for chemically processed hair.
- Sealing my hair after moisturizing helps to keep it moisturized for a longer time.
- Following the key steps in hair care is so important. For example:
- Regularly moisturizing my ends helped keep them from splitting.
- Doing weekly prepoos using coconut oil helped strengthen my hair.
- Consistency in a hair regimen is very helpful.
- MY hair can survive without protective styles like weaves and braids. I didn’t do any protective style the entire year but I still retained my hair length. It doesn’t I won’t do them but I can live without them.
Stay tuned for my next posts because I will be talking about my 2015 goals, weekly wash day regimen and day-to-day maintenance.
Thanks for reading! Love you guys!!© Copyright 2015 Dr Fomsky, All rights Reserved. Written For: Get your Sizzelle on!